August 1, 2011

Sunshine and sandy cheeks

Huntington Beach. summertime. perfect weather. Ingredients for a spectacular sunny vacation. California is a convenient destination getaway, perfect for us desert dwellers (and many from the rest of the nation I am sure). This is the first leg of our summer vacation. It was so nice to be able to enjoy the sun (without melting), ocean breeze and our family.


Tahlor enjoyed running through the beached tides. One caught us by surprise and ended up taking her out while mom hung on tight. She even played nicely with little sis and all of the sand toys.


Lauren enjoyed many attempts at making sandcastle components. She was intimidated by the ocean but even though she did not hang out at the shore, mom made sure she at least gave her little piggies a dip in the Pacific. Lauren expressed to me a couple of times that she was dirty because of the sand that was sticking to her skin - so cute! I assured her that we would clean off after our visit at the beach.


John and Tahlor shore side.


I took a bunch of pictures while Tahlor played in the surf...reminds me of the last time we were at the beach. I can't explain the pose(s) but she is such a cutie.



Lauren - don't you love that smile?



Oops! :) Don't you hate it when sand ends up in places it shouldn't be?

No comments:

Post a Comment