August 15, 2011

M-I-C-K-E-Y...M-O-U-S-E

The true second leg of our summer vacation was a visit to the "Happiest Place on Earth"! The place where all your childhood dreams can come true.
John and I love to ride roller coasters and such; I mean looooove to. So much so that it was a part of our honeymoon. Of course we are going to pass this passion along to the girls. We will at least try to pass it on. The girls had a blast. This year Lauren was old enough to appreciate everything so much more than the last time we went when she was about 10 months old. Each time we come, we break Tahlor in just a bit more for riding some of the more 'big kid' rides. She actually went on Thunder Mountain of her own free will. After our last visit I wasn't sure that she would ever step foot on a roller coaster again. You see, the last visit was the first time she was finally tall enough to ride just about all of the rides in the park. She took a ride with John on Thunder Mountain then and was very, very upset afterwards. John and I do not get to ride on the rides together as one of us stays behind and Tahlor is now a qualified companion.


Lauren was excited to see Mickey Mouse; that is until we actually came into his studio in ToonTown to say hi and get a picture. Here she is trying to hide...she would have crawled into John's shirt if she could. Maybe next trip she won't be so scared.


Here we are riding the train which takes you all the way around the perimeter of Disneyland Park.



This year we picked up Mickey ears for Lauren. When Tahlor was about her age we got her a pair. I hope they have their ears for years and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment