March 1, 2011

A long weekend...

Let me preface this by telling you it is a success story.

A couple weeks ago, we had a nice long weekend for President's Day. I don't know about you but what says President's Day like multiple days of frequent trips to the restroom and not leaving the house! No, I am not speaking of someone's bout with the stomach flu. And the good news is that it was all worth it.

After months of delay from my own doing and some that I had no control over, we finally tackled the issue at hand. Potty training! We had some weak attempts in the past towards the end of last year but, it was apparent that Lauren was not quite ready. More recently this year she began to display some signs that she was ready...thank goodness :)

We had a sort of 'boot camp' weekend. This training involved Lauren running around the house naked from the waist down. I kinda figured out that even if she had on training pants or panties that she still thought she could go in her pants. Plus, it didn't seem to bother her much when she was wet. Without anything on the bottom, this forced her to think about it enough that it helped her to recognize when she had to go. Toward the end of the weekend she was able to wear panties but without pants for the most part. One morning she had gone to her room and changed out her pull-up pants for regular panties. Later, after coming down stairs, I realized that she had done this and noticed that the panties seemed a little odd. Sure enough, a #2 had created a sag at the back end.

The first day back to work, I was pleased to hear from John the report of Lauren's continued training. She was telling him when she needed to go and even reported when it was time for #2 with much success! She continues to progress in perfecting this very important lesson of life. We are proud parents.


A doo rag of sorts.


Lauren: busy concentrating on the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment