October 6, 2013

Spring Break 2013

We took a road trip this past spring - a vacation to Oregon! What made it interesting was that we took the car so, the four of us were quite intimate on the 17 hour drive :) Plus, I was nearly 5 months pregnant with Alison! It was a good memory making trip and I am so glad we went.

 Taking a lunch break during the road trip at a cute little rest stop.



Downtown Oregon City at the old elevator!


Downtown Oregon City


Had to show the girls where Gramma Karen worked :)









Went to lunch at Mike's Drive-In and to the park with uncle Russell in Oregon City. The girls had a good time. This was the first time that Lauren met Russell and she just loved him. She got him pushing her on the swing many, many times. She still talks about him and wants to visit with him but doesn't quite understand how far away he is which makes it difficult to see him on a regular basis.


Yes, the girls had a long day and are passed out in bed but I took this picture because Lauren isn't even on her side of the bed and is sharing Tahlor's pillow all snuggled up to her. I thought it was cute and funny.



Tahlor made a new bug friend in Oregon. I wish we had them in Las Vegas.




One day we went to downtown Portland and it was gorgeous! I took the family on a walk in Waterfront Park. I remember Tahlor was running along the cement path in the grass and came upon a patch of mud (something not seen often in Vegas). I am sure she did not even notice it and whoosh there she landed.


While we were in Portland we had to have lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was delicious - wishing they would bring it back to Las Vegas.


A super large, almost adult-sized swing we found in the park near our hotel.





What is a trip to Oregon without heading to the coast and visiting the cheese factory in Tillamook?


The best treat ever - elephant ears! A fried dough sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.




These are taken at the beach in Seaside, Oregon.


Another long and exciting day for the girls - love how they are both sleeping in the car (usually it is just Lauren that falls asleep in the car).

No comments:

Post a Comment