What might a dollar and five cookies do for you? I recently discovered this in our household. For us, it buys courage and determination. You see, after months and months of kinda loose teeth and Mom's nagging, prying and poking - Tahlor finally got rid of a few pesky baby teeth. Yep, John bribed her with one dollar to take her tooth out after dinner and I upped the ante with five homemade cookies. Oh boy did that do the trick. Sure enough after several minutes of working the tooth and being adamant that neither Dad or Mom could 'help out', she took it out. I was impressed that she did it all by herself and was courageous during the ordeal.
I guess it worked so well that during dinner the next evening I was informed that there was another tooth to come out. John offered up the dollar bribe but I held back on the cookies. Tahlor was still motivated enough to go for it. This tooth was particularly tricky. It really wanted to hold on and Tahlor worked and worked on it for about 45 minutes. We had to break for a bath and homework and then later she was at it again. Eventually she wiggled it free. Now, Tahlor's mouth is looking a bit more like it should...less teeth :) I don't know why I am amazed - maybe it is more frustration than anything. But these are the first since Tahlor lost her very first two a year ago in January. They did come in slow when she was a baby/toddler so, I should not expect anything less than them coming out of her mouth slowly too!


No comments:
Post a Comment