Many would agree that there are not many things worse than changing a diaper, a poopy diaper to be precise. But, there is...changing poopy pants and underwear definitely is! This is something that I have been experiencing much too much these days. You see, Lauren has been on some sorta strike it seems. While she started out good with her potty training, in recent weeks she has done great with peeing on the potty but the pooping part is a different story. And on top of it she announces the terrible deed she has committed as if it were a good thing and something to be proud of. I can hear it now; "Mommy, I went poopy in my pants!" In my mind I am thinking "Oh no, not again! Remember, do not make a face that gives her the idea this is a good thing. Have that talk with her, again, about how she needs to go poop in the potty and she is a big girl." My efforts have not been successful.
The pre-school that Lauren attends has lacked in taking care of the soiled clothes right away when they clean up the "accident." A few times they have put it in a plastic grocery bag, soiled and all, for us to pick up at the end of the day. And a couple of times they did not communicate to us that we had this package to take home and then it has sat like that too long. I am telling you, I have had to throw out a few articles of clothing because of this. Even after I washed it out several times - the piece is just ruined. Fortunately, I got smart and gave in to putting pull-ups on her during the days she is not with John or myself.
Hopefully this is just a phase...that will end soon. I do not desire to continue to run extra loads of laundry during the week to keep up with Lauren's "dirty" little habit. Plus, we'd like to work towards being a diaper/pull-up free household.

No comments:
Post a Comment