Most would agree on the image that comes to mind about the outdoors in Las Vegas - it would look something like this:
You would never imagine scenery like this (except at an extreme water-using, lush casino).
I am here to tell you that there is a diamond in the rough - North of Las Vegas, off the 95 is Floyd Lamb State Park. It is beautiful. I cannot believe I have lived here for 10 years all the while knowing it existed but, never visited until just this past weekend. It is beautiful - reminded me of some great camping scenery experienced as a child. Fishing is available in the park as well as picnic areas and open fields. Also, on the property is Tule Springs Ranch (some what of a historical landmark). I hope our family will be taking more trips to this great oasis.




No comments:
Post a Comment